Things are getting cooler, and honestly, it is a relief to put on a sweater rather than being sweaty. While many of us are enjoy the crispiness in the air lately, we want to make sure that you are not caught off guard when things get uncomfortably cold. Your heater needs to be ready for the day that the sweaters just aren’t enough and you need some extra warmth. A tune-up is just the thing that will guarantee your heating system is ready to go.
Maintenance is a highly important heating service in Spokane Valley, WA that we recommend everyone has done around this time of year. If you haven’t gotten this service taken care of just yet, let us explain why you should schedule it as soon as possible.
What Heater Maintenance Entails
Maintenance involves multiple different tasks that help your heater run more effectively and use less energy. These can include but aren’t limited to:
- Cleaning the burners or other heating elements.
- Checking the functionality of the heater.
- Checking the response from the thermostat.
- Checking electrical connections.
- Tightening loose parts and screws.
These may all sound like somewhat small things to do, but they add up to having a big impact on your heater’s functionality and lifespan.
The Difference Maintenance Can Make
We wouldn’t recommend or provide heater maintenance if it didn’t have a positive difference for your system. Here is the difference that this service can make:
- Better heating performance: If you schedule annual heating maintenance each year, it will help your system perform better than it would otherwise. This means more heat without higher costs.
- Fewer repair needs: When you schedule maintenance, you are effectively replacing the need for repairs that year in most cases. Regular yearly maintenance is going to help you keep newer repair needs down to a minimum. In addition, when repair needs do pop up, maintenance will help reduce their severity and cost.
- Increased efficiency: If you skip maintenance for your heater, you are likely to lose up to 5% of your energy efficiency. This means that without a tune-up you’ll be paying more money to receive less warmth. That’s less than ideal! Maintenance helps you keep up to 90% of your system’s efficiency over the course of its lifespan.
- Better safety: A heater in disrepair can rapidly become a safety issue, especially if it is a gas-powered system. Regular maintenance ensures that small problems are discovered and addressed before they can threaten your safety.
- Longer system lifespan: Getting a tune-up provided by an expert technician each year is going to help your heater last for as long as possible. Regular maintenance can mean the difference between a heater that barely makes it to the 10-year mark and one that easily coasts to the 15-year mark before needing a replacement.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Schedule your heater maintenance with us now.