Deciding Between a Tank or Tankless Water Heater
Give us a call today: 800-767-3027
Water heaters are vital to your daily life. Having the right water heater for your specific needs can go a long way in making things both comfortable and affordable in the long run. This is why ACI Northwest services both tank water heaters and tankless water heaters. We know that if you are installing or replacing a water heater, deciding between these systems may be hard. We are here to help.
- When you come to us, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
- Our team members are always well-trained, knowledgeable, and professional.
- We pride ourselves on being honest with our customers.
Understanding a little about tank and tankless water heaters can be important, and if you have further questions, our water heater specialists in and around Coeur d’Alene are here for you.
Contact us today to learn more about your water heater options.
Tank Hot Water Heaters
Storage tank water heaters, or just tank water heaters, are the more conventional choice in hot water heaters. They store continuously heated water in a storage tank for use later on. There are some advantages and disadvantages with this hot water heater type, and knowing both sides can be helpful.
- Lower purchase price
- Simpler installation and simpler replacement result in lower costs for both
- Several models are not operated by electricity
- Fuel type options vary
- Installation can occur almost anywhere in a building
- Compatible with reticulation systems
- Standby heat loss
- Can run out of water during high usage times
- Tanks are larger and take up much more space, as well as being heavy
- Higher maintenance fees
- Less precise water temperature settings
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters heat cold water that passes through it via a gas burner or electrical elements and then supplies it to the pipes of a building without the use of any type of storage tank. There are also some advantages and disadvantages of this hot water heater type and it is important to understand it as a whole.
- Lower maintenance costs
- Hot water will never run out since it is made on–demand
- Creates hot water as–needed which saves money and saves energy by not heating water that is never used
- More precise temperature control
- No tank means a smaller unit that saves space and is usually hung on a wall
- Longer lifespan of up to three times longer
- High efficiency: up to 80% more efficient than tank models
- Tax credits are available due to their energy savings
- Higher purchase price
- More complex installation with larger fuel lines results in higher installation costs
- Most models require electricity to run
- Untreated water can produce scaling which reduces or halts water–flow
- Freeze damage is a possibility if installed incorrectly
- A minimum amount of hot water flow is necessary
- Recirculation is more complicated and can negate the warranty
Tankless and Tank Hot Water Heater Services in Coeur d’Alene, ID
We provide all of our valued clients with quality water heater services regardless of the style they choose, tank or tankless. As a knowledgeable hot water heater services company we work throughout Coeur d’Alene, ID and Spokane, WA. Contact ACI Northwest for hot water heater services from a dependable company that will ensure you understand the ins and outs of each type of water heater.