Energy Savings Calculator
- SEER - Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio - 13 SEER up to 25 SEER
- Average efficiency rating for air conditioners during the cooling season
- EER - Energy Efficiency Ratio - 8 EER up to 23 EER
- Used to show efficiency of air conditioners at peak usage times or 95*.
- COP - Coefficient of Performance - 1 COP up to 4 COP
- This is a measurement of efficiency by comparing the power output divided by power input.
- AFUE - Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency - 80% AFUE up to 98% AFUE
- The efficiency of a gas fired appliance as an average indicated in a percentage.
- HSPF - Heating Season Performance Factor - 8 HSPF up to 11 HSPF
- Average efficiency rating for heat pumps during the heating season, in some utility districts 8.2 HSPF qualifies for rebates
All of these ratings are key to how efficient your system is going to operate. The higher the ratings the less money it will take to operate the system in either heating or cooling. It is very important the company you choose to invest with on your home improvement must perform a heat loss and heat gain of your home to properly size your system. It is very common for companies to use a rule of thumb or merely replace your old system with the same size newer unit and not take into account that it may be oversized and newer equipment is much more efficient.
It has been documented that the lack of efficiency and early failure of equipment is more due to improper installation rather than manufacturer or model. Choosing the proper company to install & routine maintenance is the key to getting great comfort and longevity out of your heating and or cooling system.