We know it is still a little early in the year to see the need for AC repairs. It feels like you’ve barely started to use the system! If anything, though, this means it is even more important to address any repair needs that have popped up in your air conditioning in Coeur d’Alene, ID promptly. Those repair needs will only get worse the longer they stick around.
When you notice any of the following warning signs, you should reach out to our team to schedule repairs. The sooner you get your system fixed, the better off you’ll be.
5 Warning Signs of an Air Conditioner in Need of Repairs
If you pick up on these warning signs, make sure to come to our experts to get your AC back into working order again.
- The system is short cycling: Your air conditioner turns on and only runs for a few brief minutes before turning off, and then repeating the process again. This is known as short cycling and it is an indicator that something is creating problems for the cooling process. It may be caused by a refrigerant leak, a frozen evaporator coil, or another issue.
- You notice hot and cold spots: Maybe one part of your home is cool but there are other areas or rooms that aren’t. Hot and cold spots around the house are a sign that your air conditioner isn’t able to evenly cool your home, possibly due to problems in your ductwork or other issues.
- You can feel weak airflow around the house: Your air conditioner is meant to produce a steady, strong flow of air through your house. This is true whether you have a ducted or ductless system. Weak airflow can be caused by dirty filters, bad fan blades, or other problems that a technician can address.
- The system is making concerning sounds: The only normal noises to hear from an AC are usually the whoosh of air and the system clicking on and off. Sounds beyond this, such as rattling, clanging, screeching, whistling, hissing, or bubbling can all indicate issues in your system.
- There is warm air blowing from your vents: An air conditioner is meant to produce cool air. It is pretty apparent that any air conditioner that is blowing warm air instead of cold air is one that needs repairs. In a heat pump, this could be due to a stuck reversing valve. This problem could also be caused by low refrigerant levels, a faulty thermostat, or other issues.
Whatever the core cause of your air conditioner malfunctions, it is always in your best interest to get your system examined by a professional technician. This is exactly what you can come to our team for. We can even provide 24/7 emergency services because we know that AC issues rarely happen at a convenient time.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Schedule your system repairs with our team today.