This part of the United States is definitely starting to get its fair share of cooler weather. While our Southern neighbors are still encountering wild heatwaves, we are already enjoying cooler temperatures and even some rain. Fall is most certainly here!
In the midst of getting your autumn decor and Halloween decorations out of storage and enjoying some nights with a movie, you will also want to make sure that checking on your heater is at the top of your to-do list. If you need to schedule heating maintenance or heating repair in Spokane, WA, you will want to get it taken care of ASAP so you can enjoy a season of comfort, not stress.
Do I Need Maintenance or a Repair for My Heater?
All too often we find people have waited to reach out for service because they aren’t sure whether they need to schedule maintenance service or a full repair for their heating system. We want to help you with this. The sooner you schedule service for your heating system, the better it will be for your home comfort. Here are some of the different ways to figure out whether you need to get a tune-up or a repair for your heating unit.
The Signs You Need Heating Maintenance
These are the indicators that you should schedule a heating system tune-up with our team:
- You haven’t had heating maintenance done this season yet.
- You tested your heater already and it seems to be using more energy than normal.
- You haven’t checked or changed your heater’s filter yet.
- You need to have your heater cleaned out to ensure effectiveness.
When to Schedule a Heating System Repair
Heating maintenance can prevent your heater from needing repairs too often. Your system actually shouldn’t need repairs more than once every few years. However, when a heating repair need does pop up, the sooner you get it addressed, the better. Here are the warning signs to watch for so you know that maintenance isn’t going to be enough this season.
- You are hearing strange noises when you run your heater like rattling, screeching, or hissing.
- You notice that your heater is struggling to get your home warmed up.
- You noticed that your energy bills last year are increasing and they seem to be on the rise again this year.
- You notice strange smells like the smell of gas or burning electrical parts.
- You notice that there is weaker airflow coming from the vents.
If you aren’t sure whether your heater needs the assistance provided by maintenance or by repairs, we can help. Our professionals know exactly how to figure out what is going on with your heating system. This will allow you to schedule the right service so that you can enjoy the best possible heating comfort this season.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Reach out to ACI Northwest for your heating maintenance, repairs, and more.