As temperatures around Spokane start to take a dip downward, it is a big help to know that you have a great furnace around to keep your home warm. Depending on your system, your furnace uses electricity or a combination of gas and electricity to provide warm air throughout your home when the weather turns chilly. At least, you hope that is what your furnace does—if your system needs professional furnace repair in Spokane, WA though, things will be more problematic.
We can help you figure out what is going wrong with your furnace, and we can provide the repairs that address the problem properly. This way, rather than struggling to stay comfortable during winter, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the reliable comfort an effective and operational furnace provides.
5 Warning Signs You Have a Furnace That Needs Repairs
There is more than one warning sign that your furnace is going to need the help of a professional technician at ACI Northwest. Delaying furnace repairs and seeing how far you make it this winter might seem like a way to save cash, but it will instead end up costing you more and will still hinder your comfort. Here are the signs that you should reach out to us to schedule your repair service:
- Your furnace operates with a lot of noise. There are few systems that offer home comfort that run silently. However, this doesn’t mean your furnace should sound possessed when it heats your home. If you notice a variety of noises like clanging, rattling, screeching, or hissing, make sure you schedule repairs as soon as you can.
- You are noticing funky smells. When you first turn on your furnace in the fall, it might emit a slight smell of burning as built-up dust burns off the heat exchanger or blows out of the vents. Aside from this small and brief scent, any other odd smells are a cause for concern. Whether it is a caustic scent of burning electrical parts or the smell of gas, you shouldn’t ignore a bad smell from your furnace.
- There is no reliable heat. Did your furnace offer heat for a few minutes but then proceed to blow cool air through your home? If so, this means you need to schedule repairs for your system before it completely loses its ability to produce warmth.
- The airflow from your vents is weak. Let’s say your furnace is creating heat reliably but you can barely feel anything exiting the vents. This may denote a problem with your furnace blower fan or the motor that powers the fan. Whatever the cause, professional repairs are necessary to fix it.
- Heating bills are increasing. Last but not least, make sure you keep track of any odd activity on your energy bills. Large spikes that pop up whenever your furnace is running are usually an indicator of a furnace that is in trouble.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Reach out to our team today to schedule the services you need to keep warm.