If someone told you that you had to turn off your heater for the rest of the year tomorrow, would you be okay with that? We’d guess the answer would be no. This is because our cold season isn’t done yet so we need to keep our heaters in working order to ensure indoor comfort.
With all this said, if your heater needs repairs but isn’t getting them, you may find yourself with no heat at all. That is why we want you to know what the warning signs are of the need for heating repair in Spokane, WA. Knowing what to look for will help you request service from a professional early before it takes your comfort down!
These 5 Signs Mean Your Heater Needs Repairs
Not sure what is going on with your heater? Be on the lookout for these warning signs so you know if and when you need to schedule repairs for your system.
- Increasing energy bills: You haven’t increased your use of your heating system but your energy bills are going up anyway. That should raise some red flags. Increased energy bills may indicate that your heating system is having trouble doing its job.
- Weakened airflow: no matter what temperature setting you have on your thermostat it feels like the warm airflow through your home is getting weaker. This may be due to something simple like a clogged air filter or it may indicate a bigger problem.
- New, concerning noises: When your heater is in operation it may produce some noise, but anything beyond the standard whoosh of warm air and perhaps some crackling upon cool-down may be the sign of an issue. Be on the alert for new noises like hissing, buzzing, clicking, rattling, screeching, or booming.
- Short cycling: This term refers to when your heater turns on to provide a heating cycle but cuts off early before it is finished. This indicates an issue somewhere in the system that is leading to shortened heating cycles. If not addressed soon, it can cost you the entirety of your heater!
- Your heater smells off: There are a few smells your heater might make depending on the type of system you have. If the internal components of your heater are dirty, you are likely to smell burning dust or even the distinct scent of musty socks. This mean you probably need to clean out your heater. If you smell something acrid burning when you run the system, it may be an overheated electrical component. And, unsurprisingly, the smell of sulfur or rotten eggs indicates a gas leak.
Do any of the above warning signs sound familiar? If so, it is highly likely that you need heater repairs or maybe just a tune-up. The experts at ACI Northwest are here to provide these services for you. You can rely on us to get your heater back up and running quickly and effectively.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Schedule your heating repairs with us today.