The power goes out and suddenly you have to rethink your entire day. You may or may not be able to make hot meals and you may or may not be able to work from home. Not to mention you may or may not be able to find a way to get enough light to keep things running.
Power outages are a pain, but with a whole-house generator, they won’t be half as hard as they used to be. This is because this system can automatically keep your home running at almost normal capacity for longer than you might expect. If you haven’t had a generator installed in your home yet, or if you’ve been doing battle with a portable generator, it may be time to take the next step.
Let’s see why it may be time to have an electrician in Spokane, WA set you up with a whole-home generator.
What Makes a Whole-House Generator Different?
First things first, what sets these systems apart from their portable counterparts. The biggest differentiator is the fact that they are hard-wired into your home’s electrical system, meaning they are always ready to provide for your residential electrical needs. They also have the ability to offer more power and can do so in a more efficient manner.
The Benefits of Opting for a Whole House System
So why go through all the effort of installing a whole-house generator? They are pricier than portable generators, but they easily pay off in the long run. These systems can offer benefits such as:
- Automatic response: Because the generator is hardwired, it senses when the power goes out and automatically turns on to pick up the slack.
- Larger power output: With a whole-home system, you can power, well, the whole home! And you can do it for multiple days if needed.
- Environmentally friendly power: Whole-house generators use natural gas to create energy. This means that they are a more environmentally friendly alternative to the gas or diesel-powered generator in your basement.
Would You Benefit From a Whole-House Generator?
Not every home needs to invest in a generator. However, there are circumstances when this system can be a great aide to keeping your home running when something goes wrong. You may want to install a whole-house generator if:
- You’ve had one or more power outages in the past year.
- Power outages are a regular occurrence for your home.
- You’ve lost larger appliances to power surges following an outage.
- You have vital equipment that needs to stay powered, such as medical equipment.
Are you looking to get a whole-house generator installed for your home’s needs? If so, installation, maintenance, and all other services should be taken care of by a professional electrician like ours. Our team is here to help when you need us, so reach out whenever you are ready.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Schedule your generator services today.