Deciding to give up your older air conditioner and install a new one can be tough, but if you make sure to use professionals for your air conditioning replacement, you can find a new unit that uses little energy and saves you money each month. However, you definitely don’t want to spend money on replacement where repair is a better option. So how do you decide it’s time to replace?
The Signs of a Struggling Air Conditioner That May Need to Go
Pay attention to the following signs that your air conditioning system might be past its prime.
- The AC has broken down. If the air conditioning system has broken down entirely, and a technician informs you that replacement is necessary, it’s important to replace it as soon as possible. Don’t wait for a heat wave before you begin planning, so that you can ensure you get the most efficient system for your needs in a timely manner.
- The cost of a repair is half the cost of a new system. This is a case where replacement is simply more cost effective, since your new system is less likely to run into problems in the coming years and will probably cost less to run.
- You make frequent repairs. If you feel you have made too many repairs in the last few years and those costs are really adding up, replacement makes more sense. All of the parts of an AC are designed to work together, and an assortment of parts with different levels of wear and tear may run into more problems.
- You have high energy bills. You may be able to ease high energy bills with regular air conditioning maintenance, but if your system is over ten years old, this may not be the case.
- Your unit is over 10 years old. Though many systems operate just fine after 10 years, this is when some begin to run into trouble. And replacing a system before it breaks down ensures that you are never without an air conditioner when you need it most.
Call the air conditioning experts at ACI Northwest for professional air conditioning replacement in Coeur d’Alene, ID.