When you turn on your air conditioner, you should be able to enjoy the cooling comfort you need and be able to hear yourself think at the same time. If that isn’t the case and your AC system instead sounds like it is going to fall apart, don’t ignore it. Reach out to the pros at ACI Northwest for prompt repair services.
First things first, however: you are going to need to know what the sounds are that you don’t want to hear. That way you know when to contact us to get repairs so you can help your system make the sounds you do want to hear.
5 Sounds You Don’t Want To Hear From Your AC
When your air conditioner is running, there are certain sounds it may emit that indicate trouble. Even if your AC is still producing cool air, these noises can be an early indicator that there is trouble ahead that will require professional AC Repair in Spokane, WA.
- Rattling: A rattling noise is usually an indicator of something moving around inside the AC system. Rattling may be caused by a loose part moving around during your system’s operating or it may be caused by a part that has broken free and is bouncing around in the unit. You will want to get this noise identified and repaired ASAP before it causes serious problems.
- Hissing: A hissing noise might not be something you think is problematic, but the truth is that it indicates major trouble. Hissing may be created by air being forced through a clogged air filter, or it might be caused by refrigerant leaking out of the AC.
- Screeching: This abrasive noise is hard to ignore, and for good reason. Screeching or screaming sounds can be caused by loose fan blades scraping around within their housing and creating that distinct metal-on-metal noise.
- Buzzing: Buzzing might be another noise you are tempted to ignore, but it is one that should be addressed by professional repairs because it can indicate problems with the electrical connections in your AC or a problem with your air filter.
- Silence: A quiet air conditioner is one thing, a silent system is another. Silence from your AC indicates a system that isn’t operating well—or at all! If you turn on your air conditioner and hear nothing from it, then we want to hear from you.
3 Sounds You May Hear That Are Okay
You may be wondering if there are any noises that your air conditioner might make that aren’t a cause for concern? The answer is yes! You can rest easy if you notice:
- Whooshing: The steady whoosh of air from your AC is a normal and good sound to hear.
- A small amount of clicking: Clicking at the beginning or end of your cooling cycle is a normal sound to hear.
- “Winding up”: If you have heard your AC emit a sound that can best be described as “winding up” or “taking off” and it has been doing this since the beginning, then a continuation of this sound is okay.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for advice. Click or call today to schedule your repairs.