It started out as water that just wasn’t as warm as usual, but perhaps you wrote it off as someone taking too long of a shower earlier in the day. However, the issue persisted and then started to get worse. Our hope is that you are contacting us before you completely lose any chance of having hot water in your home because this is a sign that your water heater is in trouble.
If you need to get your water heater back into fighting form, you need to reach out to ACI Northwest to get professional water heater repairs in Coeur d’Alene, ID before you end up requiring a replacement.
Step 1. Figure Out If Your Water Heater Is Malfunctioning
It might sound strange to have this be your first step, but there are times when people call for a service they don’t actually need because they didn’t take the time to check on the actual symptoms they are dealing with. Here are some of the indicators to check for that will tell you that your water heater does need repairs.
- Your water heater sounds off: Your water heater isn’t usually going to operate silently, but there are certain noises that it shouldn’t make including rumbling and kettling (that distinct noise a tea kettle makes when the water is hot).
- Hot water is reduced: Tank or tankless, you should have access to a reliable source of hot water. If you are noticing that the hot water in your home is closer to lukewarm or plain cold water, it means the system is struggling.
- Weaker water pressure: When you turn on the hot water tap, do you notice that the stream of water is more like a trickle? If so, then weak water pressure may be a warning sign of trouble.
- Rusty or metallic-tasting water: Another problem you might notice is that the water that comes from the tap when you request hot water is rusty in color or tastes metallic.
- High bills: High energy and water bills are a sign that your water heater is having a lot of trouble doing its job.
Step 2. Reach Out for Professional Services
If your water heater is malfunctioning, you want to get the problem resolved sooner than later. Your problems may stem from a leak in your hot water line or a build-up of sediment in your water heater, but whatever the root cause is, you will want to have a professional technician provide you with repairs. Trying to resolve the issue with a DIY fix or amateur service won’t end well for you or your water heater.
The team members at ACI Northwest are trained, certified, and experienced so they will be able to provide the repair services you need. We work hard to keep you comfortable and offer the best customer service possible.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Reach out to our team today to schedule your appointment.