Have you ever encountered a small dust devil? These are small but well-formed whirlwinds that are made visible by picking up dirt, dust, and other debris. It sounds a little dirty and it is. If you turn on your HVAC system and discover that you can find small dust devils in your home, it means you have a little too much dust around the house.
You can go on a cleaning spree, but this isn’t likely to solve the problem for a longer period of time. A good solution to consider will be the installation of a system for air filtration in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
Your Air Filter vs. an Air Filtration System
Your HVAC system has an air filter that is a part of it already. But though it can help a little, this air filter isn’t meant to help the air quality in your home. It is meant to protect the interior components of your HVAC system itself.
By contrast, an air filtration system is made specifically to help with indoor air quality. These systems are placed inside the ductwork in your home allowing them to cut back on the presence of dust in the air.
Reasons to Add an Air Filtration System
So, do you have to have an air filtration system for your house? The short answer is no it isn’t mandatory. However, it is advisable if you are struggling with some of the following problems:
- You have large amounts of dust in the home.
- Residents are dealing with increasing allergy issues.
- The air in the house feels dry and dirty.
- You can see dust in the air around the house.
How Air Filtration Systems Help
What does an air filtration system do? It captures and removes dust from the air in your home. But what benefits does this provide? The perks of these systems include:
- They help the whole house. Air filtration systems are able to clean the air that feeds the whole house, not just in one room.
- Helps allergies and respiratory issues. Less dust in the air in your home means fewer irritants to mess with your respiratory system. If you have asthma, allergies, or other respiratory troubles, this is great news.
- Better comfort. Dirty air is harder to cool and, obviously, less comfortable physically. Dirty air can actually cause physical irritation for your skin if it isn’t addressed. When you get a filter, it can noticeably improve your home comfort.
- Helps your AC system. If you get an air filtration system, it will help improve the operation of your AC system. Less dust means less trouble for the filter, fans, and other parts of your air conditioner.
When you are ready to boost the air quality in your home, an air filtration system is a great place to start!
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Call or click to learn more or schedule an appointment with us.