Heating systems are complex, and, most likely, not something you would want to attempt to work on by yourself. Whether it’s a furnace, a heat pump, a boiler, or a geothermal system, the parts are difficult for the average homeowner to repair, and technicians go through years of experience to learn how to do it properly. While most homeowners contact professionals when their heating systems have serious issues and when they need an installation, there is one other time when you should call a technician for your heater: each and every fall season!
Professional Heating Maintenance: An Important Service for Any Heater
Professional heating maintenance is a service that any heating system owner should get performed each and every year. Here are the steps that help to keep your heater operating efficiently and running smoothly.
- Inspection – An inspection of the system may reveal safety issues that you want to know about before you start running your heater.
- Cleaning – A thorough cleaning of your system makes it perform a lot more smoothly, increasing energy efficiency.
- Adjustment – Tightening electrical connections, changing pressure settings, and thermostat calibration are just a few examples of what a technician may due to fine-tune your system and make it run more effectively.
- Repairs – Any repairs may even be able to be completed on the spot, but large issues will have to be rescheduled for another time.
Additional Maintenance Tasks
Additionally, we recommend a few more tasks to keep your heater running at its best.
- Weatherizing your home by sealing any leaks around windows and doors (caulking is a common method for this).
- Using a programmable thermostat to have the heater turn on automatically when you need it.
- Changing the filter now and each month this season.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns in the Hayden area. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice.