It can be tempting to see if someone less experienced can fix up your furnace when it isn’t working right. Maybe you’ve even found yourself looking up potential DIY fixes for this heating system. While these approaches may seem like they will save you cash, they really will only put your furnace’s well-being and your safety at risk. There is nothing that can or should ever replace professional furnace repair in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
With that said, we have a question for you: is something wrong with your furnace? Chances are there is, since you are hunting for furnace repair solutions. Don’t try to get through the coldest months of the year without a reliable heater; instead, reach out to ACI Northwest for the professional repairs you need.
How to Tell You Need Furnace Repair Service
First things first, you need to know when to reach out for furnace repairs in order to contact a professional for help. We’ve provided some indicators that you can watch for below. Using these warning signs you can figure out if and when you need to schedule furnace repairs. This way, you won’t be delaying needed repairs and allowing them to worsen.
- The heater is making weird noises. Furnaces shouldn’t really make much noise aside from the whoosh of hot air into the house. When you pick up on additional sounds coming from your furnace such as buzzing, clicking, hissing, screeching, rattling, and more, reach out to a professional for a diagnosis and repair service. Those noises aren’t something to ignore.
- The home never gets warm enough. If you run your furnace throughout the day but it never seems to get the temperature to where it needs to be, there is a problem that must be addressed. You may have an issue with a thermostat miscalibration or disconnect or you may have an issue with the heater that is hindering its ability to make heat.
- Energy bills are getting too expensive. Your energy bills are going to change a little bit based on your use of your heater, but this doesn’t justify huge spikes (unless one of the kids decided to switch the thermostat to 80°). Large increases in your monthly utility bills are likely due to repair needs in your furnace.
- You are noticing strange smells. When you turn on your furnace for the first time this year, you may smell a little dust being burned off the heating components or burners in the system. Any smells aside from this, such as the smell of burning wires or gas, aren’t normal and should prompt quick action to deal with them.
- Airflow into your house is getting weaker. Last but not least, check the flow of air into your home from your vents. Is it as strong as it usually is? Or are you noticing that barely any air is making it out of the vents? Whether this is due to a duct leak or a fan problem, this issue will be a reason to schedule professional repairs.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Contact us today to schedule your next service appointment.