Boilers are a key component of your home’s radiant heating system. This heater works hard on even the coldest days to keep your home warm so you are going to want it to be as reliable as possible. So what do you do if your boiler is losing its reliability?
There is more than one way to address a faulty boiler. The two biggest solutions are a boiler replacement or a boiler repair in Coeur d’Alene, ID. The question you may have is which option is the right one for you.
We can help give you the answer!
When To Opt For a Boiler Repair
Sometimes your boiler just needs a repair to get it back to normal. To help you figure out when your boiler needs repairs, we’ve provided three key indicators of trouble with this system.
- Odd new noises. Radiant heating systems are often known for being fairly quiet. So if you notice that your boiler has become oddly noisy, you are justified in being concerned. If you hear noises like rumbling, crackling, hissing, or whistling from your boiler, it is worthwhile to have it checked out to see if it needs a flush or another type of repair.
- Uneven heat throughout the house. One part of the house is being heated evenly but there is that one room or hallway that is still cold. This is always a problem for any heater setup. When your boiler has leaks or problems distributing hot water properly, it needs repairs to fix the issue.
- Delayed start-ups. You turn on your thermostat and expect to start feeling the house warm up within a few minutes. Instead, you notice that things are still chilly for a long time after your boiler should be pumping warm water through your radiant heating system. That’s not right and is worth a call for repairs.
When To Schedule a Boiler Replacement
At a certain point, even the most well-kept boiler will become too rundown to provide heat for your home. When the boiler reaches this stage, it will need to be replaced. Here are the signs that your need a new system.
- Old age: Your boiler will last a long time but it won’t last forever. Make sure to get your boiler assessed for a replacement when it gets close to 15 years of age.
- Frequent repairs: Do you need repairs on a yearly basis? If so, then you are better off putting your money toward an upgrade instead. Frequent repair needs are a sign that your boiler is becoming too worn out to reliably do its job.
- Tank leaks: Boilers, like water heaters, may encounter leaks in their pipes. However, leaks from the tank indicate corrosion in the tank and unfortunately, can’t be fixed. If you notice leaking water from the tank of your boiler, it means it is time for an upgrade.
Whether you need repairs or a full system replacement, our team is here to help.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Schedule your boiler replacement or repair today.