When the power goes out in your neighborhood, you usually cannot tell how long you will have to go without it. A crew may be able to get it up and running in a matter of a few hours. But it’s not unusual for neighborhoods to be without any electricity whatsoever for an entire day and night, or even for longer.
At ACI Northwest, we recommend Generac’s whole-home generators to customers concerned about potential power losses. Without a whole-home generator in place, you could end up with any of the following issues.
- Spoiled Food: If your refrigerator is out for more than an hour or two, you could have to say goodbye to a couple hundred dollars in groceries.
- Water Damage: Do you have a sump pump keeping your basement dry? Electrical outages are often associated with storms. If the power goes out, your electrically powered sump pump won’t be able to prevent permanent damage to your property.
- No Heating or Air Conditioning: This is a particular problem if you live in an area that tends to experience either weather extreme. You can’t go long without working heating or air.
- Hotel Stays: Without heating, air conditioning, and other important electrical equipment, you may turn to a hotel so that you can feel comfortable and remain productive. The cost of this may be quite high if you are housing an entire family.
- Any Life-Saving Equipment May Not Work: Some homeowners have family members who rely on life-saving medical equipment to work at all time. While this often has a battery backup, a whole-home generator ensures continued performance for an extended period of time.
A whole-home generator usually uses natural gas to run, and lets you resume your life without any work on your part. Within seconds, an automatic whole-home generator can return power to the entire house, so that you don’t have to give it a second thought.
ACI Northwest is here to help in your home comfort needs or concerns in the Post Falls area. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice.