It can seem surprising when we encounter electrical issues these days. Often, the advance of technology can make it seem like we should be immune from a power loss. However, power outages happen, and it is better to be prepared rather than caught off guard.
The use of whole-house generators in Coeur d’Alene, ID is going to help you avoid those evenings when the lights go out and you end up having to wait in the dark. You may think that having a portable generator is going to make the same difference for you, but we will explain why they aren’t the same.
Here is what you should know about the advantages of adding a whole-house generator to your home.
What Makes a Whole-House Generator Different?
Whole-house generators and portable generators are both made to help provide power to your home if and when the power goes out. However, whole-house generators can offer help to your home more effectively, efficiently, and immediately than a portable system. This is because whole-house systems are…
- Hardwired into your electrical grid
- Powered by natural gas
- Able to provide more power than a portable system
The Benefits of a Whole-House Generator
So what are the perks of getting a whole-house generator installed in for home? The initial cost is higher but the reliability, peace of mind, and efficiency that they provide make every penny worth it. Here’s why.
- More power: A portable generator, when refilled repeatedly, can power some parts of your home, such as the lights or maybe the refrigerator, but it can’t power all of them. In contrast, a whole-house system can power the entire house. This means you should be able to keep your food unspoiled, work on your computer, and enjoy the use of your heater, even when the power goes out.
- Better efficiency: While a portable generator uses gasoline and needs to be refilled constantly, a whole-house system uses a connection to a natural gas line. This allows it to create reliable energy for your home in a far more efficient manner.
- Incredible reliability: When the power goes out would you rather have to dig through your closet to find your portable generator, or have your whole-house generator kick on automatically? We can guess that the automatic response of a whole-house system is likely your preference. This is why it is great having a system that is installed and hardwired into your electrical grid.
- Improved safety: Because a whole-house system is more efficient and turn itself on, it will be able to improve your safety during an outage because it will ensure you can see what you’re doing and can even help power necessary medical equipment.
A whole-house generator pays off in the long run. That’s why you should schedule your system installation today.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice. Schedule your installation with the team at ACI Northwest today.