Summer is just around the corner, and, with how high the temperatures can get here in Coeur d’Alene, you don’t want to be caught without an effective air conditioning system. If you don’t already have a good AC system, it might be time to consider having a whole-home system installed. If you have concerns about a central air conditioner, you might want to learn a bit more about ductless air conditioning systems in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
These types of cooling systems are a great option for homes throughout our city. They have a good amount of benefits that come with them that we think you should know about.
What Are the Perks of Ductless Systems?
Ductless air conditioners are great cooling systems for new and old homes. Why? Because they don’t need ducts, meaning you don’t have to worry about duct installation! This provides you with some extra options when it comes to deciding how you want to structure your home comfort system, along with a chance to optimize your energy efficiency. Here are some of the benefits of ductless AC units we think you should know about:
- They take up less space: Because ductless systems don’t have ductwork, they require less space than central air conditioners. Instead, they operate using individual air handlers connected to condensate and refrigerant lines that allow them to do their job.
- No risk of energy loss through duct leaks: Since you don’t need to use ductwork to deliver the cooled air a ductless heat pump generates, you never have to worry about duct leaks losing cool air and letting hot air in. That is one more potential way to reduce energy efficiency.
- Air handlers provide comfort customization: The air handlers that are a part of your ductless AC can be run separately or jointly. This means if you need to just cool down one room to stay comfortable while using the least amount of energy, you can.
- They can both heat and cool the home: The biggest perk that ductless heat pumps offer is that they have the ability to produce both cool and warm air. Because they transfer heat, by reversing the flow of refrigerant, your heat pump can switch from putting warm air outside in summer over to pulling warm air inside during winter. This means that you can have a reliable comfort system that does the job of two separate systems.
- They use less energy: While central air conditioners today are made to be highly energy-efficient, ductless heat pumps still take the cake. Due to their ability to offer twice the comforting capabilities and use less energy in the process, these systems are known to be at the top in terms of efficiency.
Ready to enjoy a cool, comfortable summer this year? Ditch the fans and the window unit and install a ductless system with our help. We provide AC installation and other services that will help you keep comfortable all year long.
ACI Northwest is here to help with your home comfort needs or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us for helpful advice.